Sunday 2 October 2011

A snowflake ...

Good evening :)  I have had a lovely day today ..... a 2 year old Birthday party this morning and then a visit from a friend this afternoon.  It is my friend's Birthday on Tuesday so I baked her a cake ... my first ever sponge!  I do a bit of baking ... simple stuff, but had never made a sponge.  It was absolutely delicious.  The only thing missing was the cream in the middle (i did put jam in there) .. but to be honest it didn't even need it because it was so light and fluffy ..... mmmmm I want another piece right now .....

 mmmmm yummy .... and no she wasn't 1 ... but I the idea was that this is the first year of a new beginning .. so one candle to mark the occassion.

I have used a wonderful Tickled Pink Stamps Lestat .... who I have in rubber ... but you can grab in digi during Tickled Pinks Digi week each month.

I'm very happy with my colouring ...especially his jacket.

 Please excuse the terrible photos .. I just couldn't get a good one no matter where I tried.

The snowflake is a Kaiserscrapbook Wood Flourish.  I painted it white and while the paint was wet I sprinkled it with glitter.  First time I have tried anything like this ... I like it :)

The paper is also Kaisercraft and then with the blue card I just embossed with a snowflake folder through the cuttlebug.

I tore around the outside of the sentiment and then ran around the edge in an inkpad ... although in hindsight I should have left it with the white showing as it tied in better with the snowflake.  But alas that was my last piece of that colour.

I would like to enter this card into the latest Tickled Pink Challenge #39 - Winter.  I have entered every challenge since starting my blog and have been lucky enough to make it into the top 5 a few times now.  There are always so many gorgeous entries ... but you've got to be in it to win it :)

And talking about winning .... On October 4th Tickled Pink is releasing some Breast Cancer Awareness stamps that will be selling for $1 !!!!!!  So make sure you head over there and give your support, please.

Tickled Pink - #39 - Winter

7 comments:

  1. Oooo what a GORGEOUS card!!!! I love the way you´ve coloured him and the jacket does look perfect =)

    Thank you so much for joining us at Tinkled Pink Stamps Challenge this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome card! I like your embossing behind him, and he is coloured beautifully!! thank you for playing with us at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, how fun! Love the big glittery snowflake! Cool embossing and fabulous coloring! Thanks for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps for "Winter"! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  4. O you should be happy with your colouring he looks amazing esp his jacket!!! Fantastic job on our winter theme! Love the big snowflake! Thanks for joining in with us this week at Tickle Pink Stamps.
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Carly, love the sentiment. The cake looks rather yummy as well.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card! I love how you used Lestat for a winter card and your coloring is amazing! Great design- love the embossing and the sentiment!
    Thanks for for being such a loyal TPS challenge player! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun is this! Such a cool dude on a cool card! Snowflake is PERFECT! Coloring is great! Cake is yummy....wooppss. sorry thought I was actually tasting it there for a second. Thanks for joining in the TPS challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment