Friday 6 January 2012

Here's looking at you ......

Hello!  An unusual colour scheme for you today ... I think it works ....

 One of the gorgeous images from Dragons Lair Designs .. called Penny Framed.  I coloured her using Copic markers and then cut around the frame before mounting that onto a Square Doily cut from a Marianne Designs die.

The leaves in the background were cut in the cuttlebug using a die from Cheery Lynn Desgins called Fanciful Flourish.  I just broke it up into a few pieces to make it fit onto my card.

The butterfly is from a set of dies from Cheery Lynn called Exotic Butterfly small.


 I coloured Penny in the following markers:-
Blue - B14, B16, B18
Cream - E51, E53
Pink - RV17
so as you can see not many colours and she is quick and easy to colour perfect for a beginner!
The butterfly I coloured using some Glimmer Mist (a gift from a lovely friend) and I love how it turned out .. hard to see in the photo though.

To see more Dragons Lair Design projects head on over to Stamping With The Dragon Blog and check out the creations from the Design Team.  You will certainly be inspired to enter the latest challenge .. and you could even win yourself some goodies :)

Happy colouring.
xoxoxo Carly

13 comments:

  1. Fab card Carly, great image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carly: This looks absolutely amazing! Way to go. I love it against the green of your blog, which is beautiful by the way, and your write up is dashing. I still am favorable to your blue for the dragon! It is really attractive. Very sweet of you to keep track of your copics to help people achieve the colors. Kindness. Love and a Hug, Samara (Your DT Bud)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Carly, gorgeous colours. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, striking card, love the blue against the black and that dragon image is gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colors work well together. I love it.

    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is fabulous and a great image too!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi carla!
    yep, it works. looks really cool.
    and awwww, your little baby girl. give her a big hug from me, and dont forget the candy and coke (coke= only when sick, to get the medicin in,lol)
    Hope she will be fine very soon.
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, Carly! I love the bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a wonderful card. Really love it. Marleen fellow DT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carly. That butterfly to die for. Very cool card.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the card. I love that you listed the Copic colors you used on the image. So fun to see and wow… you got a lot of shading with very few markers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, Carly, this card is fabulous! I love the leaves and the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! I love the colors you chose for Penny!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment