Tuesday 19 July 2011

Copic Challenges

Good evening.  This will be my first card that I have entered into two challenges.  Not sure exactly how to do it .... so I hope its correct :)

The first Challenge is Copic Oz #12 - Embellish This.  I have coloured my embellishments to match my paper using Copics.  I coloured in some cream coloured star brads (not easy to get into those corners), a piece of white ribbon (voila its now blue) and I made my own background paper for my Happy Birthday sentiment.  I made the paper by using 4 different coloured copics and ruling lines .. its hard to see in the pictures but in real life it blends in quite nicely.  I used a blue spica pen to trace over the stamped writing .. just for a bit of sparkle.




The second challenge is iCopic Weekly Challenge #39 - Pastels.  I found this quite difficult because I have not mastered blending as yet ... so I have to keep adding more colour .. and of course this makes my image darker.  But I would still call it pastel shades. 



Challenges I am entering this card in are:-

Oh wow!  I think I just learnt how to add a link!  I'm very pleased with myself now .. managed to create a card to enter into two challenges and learnt something new ....... patting myself on the back :)

Thankyou to all the beautiful comments for previous blog entries ... it really encourages me.  And thankyou to those who wished my gorgeous Daughter a Happy Birthday and a Get Well Soon, it must of helped as today she was much better :)

xoxox





4 comments:

  1. I think this is a lovely card. Fab layout, lovely colours and the stripe. star combo is great. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw such an adorable card Carly, love the colours.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so precious and I love that you created your own background for the sentiment and colored your embellies! I think your coloring is perfect too! Great job on entering our challenge at icopic and reaching a new milestone by adding links : )
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is totally darling and love the way you coloured your embellishments!!! Thanks so much for playing the CopicOz challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment