Tuesday 26 July 2011

Tiddly Inks Samples Show Off Challenge & Copic Oz - It's All About The Hair

Hello again ... yep I'm back with another card tonight ... well it's actually an extension on my tag using a Tiddly Ink Steampunk image called Precious (see previous post).  I sat here looking at this tag and thought to myself that it would make an awesome card!

I am going to add this card to the Copic Oz - It's All About The Hair Challenge ... they just recently did a video about colouring hair ... and believe me its well worth waching.  I have totally amazed myself though ... as I was already colouring my hair like this!  Wow ... I've been just practising .. not watching you tube or anything (our computer is way to slow for that) and I can't believe I was actually doing something right! 

But my main entry is for ..........
Over at the Tiddly Inks challenge blog there is a challenge using the new Steampunk release.  I have linked up my previous mermaid card as she was from this release but I thought I would enter this one also.  Anything goes for this challenge .. no set colours or theme ... just the use of a Steampunk image.

So I used my previous tag and added some little cogs and then mounted it on some lovely cream bazzill.   I didn't want to use real ribbon or lace as it just looked to busy ... so I stamped a stamp from a Kaisercraft set I have and then coloured it with copics.  It's only a short stamp so I had to hide the join .... hence that is how the little tag frame made it on the card. 

There just seemed to be something missing ... something to tie it all together ... so I tried some little brads ... couldn't quite get the right style happening and then digging further into my little stash jar of brads I found these!  At first I only found 1 .... panic panic panic as I wanted 3!  but I could only find 2 matching ones ... but I think it looks balanced.

So here is the finished card .... (I will probably be up for a while now its already after 10pm but my Husband just came into my little craft corner and plonked a whole heap of chocolate in front of me ... and what do you know it jumped right into my mouth ... so sugar rush!)





7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. Way to go. I love the key detail and the little slider / holder brad - I have a bunch of these, I use them sparingly. Wish I could have lent you some, but it DOES look balanced other wise. Love you colouring on Precious. I think I prefer her brunette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Carly, I love these steampunk images, and I also love the way you embellished your card too....the cogs and key and metalwork really suit the theme. Precious looks great how you coloured her! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog today. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done Carly! :) I like the key and metal accents too! :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours of this card and your colouring in is just beautiful.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow!!! Those curls are gorgeous!!!! Thank you for colouring with us at COPICOZ! Mandi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is lovely and perfectly balanced. Hubby is well trained bringing you choklit! ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment