Wednesday 11 April 2012

Whimsy Stamps - Easel Cards are Easy

Hi, Everyone! It's Wednesday again so that means it's time for a new challenge over at Whimsy.


Our Topic this week is
Easel Cards Are Easy

Our Prize this week is



Ok well before I show you my card I have a confession to make .....
this is my first Easel card ever!
Yep thats right .. I had never made one before and had absolutely no idea where to start .. and I thought it was going to be hard.  I have seen Easel cards a lot on blogs and thought they looked so glamorous and I didn't think I would be able to make one so I didn't try.  But let me tell you something .......
they ARE EASY!!!!!!

If you Google Easel Cards you will find lots and lots of instructions and tutorials.
And in Issue 3 of the Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Magazine (here) you will find some awesome examples of Easel Cards!

So without further ado ... here is my card


I have used this gorgeous new image from the store.  Don't forget to check out the new digi images for this month .. there are some fantastic ones that you just have to have :)


So get out your bone scorer and create your own Easel card .... enter it into this weeks challenge and you could be the winner of our prize!

And if you have never made one before ... don't be scared .... they really are easy!

Thanks for stopping by
Big Hugs
Carly
xoxoxoxoxo

8 comments:

  1. No doubt your easel card is very beautiful but in really your profile picture is more attractive than your easel card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Carly love the image - no doubt we'll see a few more of these easels from you now that you learned the secret! I was a bit like you - now I can't stop making them!! hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your first easel card, isn't it great to try something new! And.... I love that image, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Carly, this is beautiful, love the layout and the image is amazing!:)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Carly this is so beautiful! Love the fun image and great easel card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card and very elegant image...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love it when you try something new and it is so much easier than expected! :0) The image is so lovely. You did a great job on coloring the image. Love the way you always get the highlights in the hair just right.
    Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Carly! I really like how you've coloured the image and your papers and layout are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment