Sunday 17 March 2013

Chocolate Mousse .... or not??


mmmmmmm CHOCOLATE!

and what is even better than chocolate??

Healthy Chocolate Mousse


Here is the mixture ... all whizzed up in my amazing Bosco kitchen appliance that I LOVE!  This is the first time I have used the blender attachment ... awesome!!!!!  If you would like to know more about Bosco Appliances (only available in Australia) .. click HERE

Anyway this is a chocolate mousse using Silken Tofu ... yep you read that right TOFU!.

I will be tweaking this recipe as the finished product was not quite perfect.  This is the recipe I used:-

  • 1 cup (190g) dark chocolate chips
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 500g silken tofu, drained
  • 1/4 cup (65ml) soy milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
  • 1 tablespoon honey

Melt the chocolate
Blend it all togehter!
Refrigerate for 2 hours.

But I think next time I will use Cocoa Powder instead of the chocolate for two reasons:-
1. the melted chocolate actually solidified again when it hit the cold tofu
2. The chocolate was grainy and not very chocolatey.

It still has a nice taste (both my Husband and I enjoyed it .. Madalyn (3.5) not so much and she usually likes tofu.  So I will make again but with a few changes. 

But all in all a nice healthy treat .........

Thanks for stopping by ..... see you again soon.
xoxoxo Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment