Saturday 16 March 2013

Happy 60th Birthday to my Dad

Hi there blogging friends and craft lovers.  I have been getting a little bit of crafting in here and there .. between gardening, working and a new exercise program (been having terrible back pain .. so I'm trying to fix that).

Here is a card I made for my Dad .. he will be 60 on Tuesday!  Hard to believe .... wow!  I struggle with Male cards .. especially older male.  I'm quite happy with this one.



I have used the Stampin Up Lovely As a Tree stamp and a sentiment also from Stampin Up.  I inked the stamps using ColourBox Fluid Chalk in Olive Pastel and Creamy Brown.  The Tree in the background was first stamped on scrap paper .. this lightened the ink for the actual card.

I have used a nice Spellbinders die and some lovely earthy looking background paper from an old Kasazz stash.

The strips on the top and bottom I made myself.  I ran them through an embossing folder and then rubbed the same two ink pads over them.  Was really happy with the effect.

Oh and I must mention that the card is sitting on a gorgeous little wooden easel given to me recently from my lovely and thoughtful friend Danie.  She thought it would be perfect for standing my cards on when taking a photo ... and she was spot on!  So thank you Danie :)

Happy Crafting
xoxoxooxoxooxoxox
Carly


4 comments:

  1. so gorgeous carly! a very elegant card and i think your dad will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card looks great :)

    Glad u like the easel lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danie ...

      and I absolutely love the Easel! you are so thoughtful.

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment