Saturday 10 December 2011

From Fluffy Chickens to Hot Colours

Hi :) I hope your day has been fantastic!  Mine was ... but I'm utterly exhausted!  Each year my work has a Christmas party for all the kids.  Last year it was good but Madalyn was a little to young to enjoy it much....but this year!  Well ... she held a snake, rode a pony, jumped on a jumping castle, had her face painted, did some craft, spent a long time in the animal nursery holding chickens, rabbits and ducks and went up to Santa all by herself to collect her gift!  Not to mention all the eating and running around.  She had so much fun!  It was a great day but quite hot ... and now she is in bed and I'm about ready for bed too he he he he.



 And here is my card for the night ... I actually made it last night but was trying to get a good photo ... I took 25 photos and these 2 are the best ..... arrrrggghhhh I even tried outside in natural light.

I have used the sexy Tiddly Inks Sugar Angel and coloured her in copics.  I also added some glossy accents to her boots, shorts and top so they look like latex ... but it wouldn't show up in the photo.

 The die I used is one of my new Marianne Design dies .... I have this rectangle, a circle, oval and square!  Love them!  and they work through the cuttlebug nicely.

I used a piece of velvet ribbon on the side .....thought it suited my 'sexy' card nicely.  The Hot Pink and Aqua don't really show up well in the photo unfortunately.

So there you have it ... my attempt at a 'sexy' card.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:-
Tiddly Inks -#75  oh-la-la Sexy Card
iCopic - #59 Colouring Black Hair

Thanks so much for stopping by ... hoping I will have enough energy to colour .... but I'm thinking of an early night.  Taking my Grandmother out to lunch tomorrow ... so another big day ... she is nearly 90 so everything is done slowly ... not easy for a 2.5 year old to do ... so it's an exhausting day for me .... but I love doing it and visit my Grandmother at least once a week.

Ok ... I'm waffling ... I'll go now ....
xoxoxox Carly

7 comments:

  1. Oh Carly, what a lovely post this is! Your card is wonderful. You did such a good job cutting out the image. Here in the states we call it "fussy cutting" and believe me I don't do it very often. If I had done it she would have had short hair and probably short a leg! LOL I think it was a sucessful attempt at a "sexy" card! :0)

    Madalyn is amazing. I am so afraid of chickens and ducks to see her holding that chicken she is just too cute! Love the face paint.

    I think it's awesome you make the time to see your Grandmother each week. You are one busy lady!

    Take care and hope your having a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Carly! I love that velvet ribbon and the latex boots!

    Thanks for joining in the Ooh La La challenge at Tiddly Inks!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Carly!!! Love the velvet ribbon - so gorgeous! Sometimes getting a good photo is SO difficult isn't it! Yours look great though! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carly, oooh this is gorgeous!
    I adore your colour choices and your ribbon is delicious.
    Suuper cute piccy of madalyn! awww!!
    thank you for playing along with the tiddly inkers this week
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your daughter had such a fun time. It's so great when they are old enough, but still young enough to enjoy all the Christmas happenings.

    Great card. Gorgeous die cut frame and awesome black hair. I find black one of the hardest colours to photograph properly without losing all the details. Wonderful project.

    Thanks for playing along with the Tiddly Inks - Oh La La Sexy challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures Carly :) Your card is gorgeous, love the frame. thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment