Wednesday 14 December 2011

White On White with a splash of Blue

Hello and how are you today?

I'm exhausted ... have had a terrible day with the little one.  Today all I heard was "NO!" and screams.  Everything involved a tantrum and the day was just no fun.  But.... on a happier note my new printer arrived today!!!  Yipppeeeeee I'm just hoping that Santa (aka DH) doesn't make me wait until Christmas day to open it.  Unfortunately he is at a work meeting tonight and still not home (it's after 8pm!) so it won't be getting set up tonight.  I'm super excited though ... will finally be able to print images without blue flecks through them and I will be able to print digi paper!  Yip yip yippppeeeeee

Anyway the real reason you are here is to see my card so here it is :)

 I have used the absolutely adorable Lilli Claire Party image from Tiddly Inks.  She is so sweet!  I love her because she is suitable for any celebration be it Christmas, Birthday or even a Sorry card.

I coloured her in copics using very minimal colours.  Just the usual ones I use for skin and hair and then for the white areas just C00 and her dress is B000 & B00.  I used a clear spica pen on the gift and some clear glitter glue on the bow.

The base card is embossed through the cuttlebug using a snowflake folder and the oval behind the image is embossed with some Christmas baubles.  I have used one of my new Marianne Designs dies behind that.

I have also threaded some ribbon through the base card using a new tool that I have from We R Memory Keepers called Sew Ribbon.  I had never seen these before but it was given to me by my lovely friend Shirley and I just had to try it out.
Oooohhhh the DH just got home and we are going to set the new printer up .... so bye bye for now .... ....... (jumping up and down with excitement)

xoxoxo
Carly

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Tiddly Inks - #76 White Christmas
Everybody Art Challenge Blog - Blue & White
Sassy Cheryl's - #94 White on White

16 comments:

  1. Gefällt mir sehr gut, vor allem das Geprägte.
    Danke, dass du bei uns mitgemacht hast.
    Viele Grüße Doreen EAC-Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the 'no' day from the little one. . . .but glad that your new printer arrived. I bet that just made your day!!! Love this cutie of an image from Christy and your card is stunning! Love the 'pop' of the colors. Gorgeous.
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week.
    k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I like the sweet image and the fab embossing.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cool tool the ribbon threader, never heard of that. Great idea though. Love all the embossing and love your minimal colours.

    Good luck with the printer, hope all works well and have a wonderful holiday.


    Thanks for joining the last Tiddly Inks Challenge for 2011 - hope to see you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya, Beautiful card I love the embossing and beautiful colourwork :) I got a new printer yesterday whoopie, the thought of not being able to print was awful. Sorry to hear you have had a day of it! have had many of those with toddlers. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly INks.Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely, Carly! Delicate and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just sweet as can be! love the soft blue with all this stunning white, and such a lovely flower!
    Thanks for playing along with us in the Sassy Cheryl Blizzard challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh carly this is beautiful and i love your ribbon tooly thingy!!! yey on the new printer!!!!
    thank you for coming to play with the tiddly inkers this week
    hugs Lou xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful Carly! I love the white on white embossing and the ribbon tool looks like fun! I hope you have a yes day tomorrow! Have fun with your new printer!

    Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks! It's always lovely to see your creations : )

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! I love all the embossing and all the different layers you added. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge this week.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely beautiful creation, and I've got to check out this new tool you have. So glad you didn't have to wait for Christmas to get the printer set up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's hoping you get to open your printer early :) YOur card is gorgeous. Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card. I love it and you did a very nice job on it. So creative. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooohhh...congrats on your new printer! And...sorry you heard nothing but screaming and "no"! But I'll bet the new printer makes up for some f that, at least!! Your card is just as cute as cute can be! I love the embossing...and the woven ribbon! And such a cute image! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, this is adorable! Love the embossing - wow! Gorgeous creation and she looks so cute in the light blue! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful! I love all the embossing, it is lovely! I have never seen that sew ribbon accessory, need to check it out. Thanks for playing along this week at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment