Sunday 14 August 2011

Using something Black ... how about a crochet flower

Yep I'm back .. wow I think this is post number four for today ... the coffee has kicked in ... and the big bowl of icecream and chocolate I had earlier has started making me feel a bit icky in the belly.  I was doing so well today ... salad sandwich for lunch, strawberries, kiwifruit and banana for snack and a healthy tea of chicken and vegies .... sigh.  But at least its made me super hyper and creative ... although a little jittery.

For this card I have used some lovely Kaisercraft paper and some purple cardstock just to give a little colour and to co-ordinate with my little Meljen's Donkey.  Oh how I love this donkey.  You wouldn't believe how quick he is to colour.  I tried to do a 'rainbow' donkey but it just didn't look right ... perhaps I will try that again another day.

I actually started this card last night and I was going to use a different image.  I wanted to colour the cat black and just couldn't do it ... so then I thought about stripes and was really happy ... until I got to his head!  The stripes should have gone the other way .... now he looks like a cat in a prison suit ha ha ha.  My colouring was so disasterous that I just had to attach some photos to show you.  So here they are :)


Yep pretty terrible .. so back to square one!

Really wanted to get this card done as I had already made a crochet flower (yeah I know I'm totally addicted to craft .. I also knit and cross stitch although not much anymore as I'm to busy colouring now!)  This crochet flower was lucky to make it onto the card, I had actually made a few and some doilies as well but as soon as I finish them my daughter says in her sweet little voice "Mummy knitting flower me? ooohhh flower" and she takes them.  So this one I dug out of her toybox when she went to bed.

Enough waffling ... shall I blame the coffee? Nah its just me ... that's the problem when you can type fast, you just end up typing things as they pop into your head.

Here is my completed card

a close up of the crochet flower .. it has two layers although hard to see and I stuck a gorgeous spotted brad through it to attach it to the card.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:-
Meljen's Challenge #71 - Use Black
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Down On The Farm 

Thankyou for visitng and taking the time to read my post .. I totally understand if you just skim through the waffle :)

Goodnight xoxox

6 comments:

  1. Hee, hee, I always read the waffle, it's fascinating!! Isn't it so hard to resist that cute wheedling voice of a small child lol!

    Great card, your crochet flower is fab, thanks for playing along with our Sweet Stampin challenge x X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for joining our 'use black'-challenge at Meljen's! Your card is very pretty.

    Greetings,
    Katja (Meljen's DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love Love the Balck and White and the great monotone coloring on the image. Just Awesome. Love that great big ole flower too! Did your lil one wonder where that flower went to? Too cute... Thank You for sharing your creation with us at MelJen's in our 'Use Black' Challenge. I know what you mean I go by the moniker 'Randomly Ramblin' Rob' myself. Waffle Waffle...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the black crochet flower.


    Thank you for joining our “Use Black” challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

    --Cheryl--
    **Stop by my blog to check out my Meljen’s Designs blog candy!**

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are gorgeous, love the black and white one, the image is really cutie. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stamping this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your designer paper and polka dot button. Thanks for sharing on the Meljen's Design Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment